There are two types of cell phone systems: Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM).

CDMA is typically faster than GSM, as GSM is an older system that was established in the 1980s. For videos, podcasts, and email reception, CDMA devices are probably the better choice. USAFIS has helped thousands of foreign immigrants move to the United States from a variety of countries.

SIM cards are used for GSM phones in the United States, and this card allows phones to be activated, upgraded, interchanged, and swapped without intervention from the phone carrier.

CDMA devices require cell phones to be linked to just one carrier, and they are not enabled by SIM cards. These phones must be activated and deactivated only by the carrier.

Contact USAFIS today for information on moving to the United States to live, work, and study!