Having credit cards comes with responsibilities. USAFIS’s customer care service understands that moving to the United States means learning some new rules and a new way of life. Here are some things to keep in mind when using credit cards.
- Write down all your credit card information including the numbers, expiration dates, and contact information and keep it in a safe place.
- Make sure to check your bill as soon as you receive it to verify that all charges are legitimate and there are no errors.
- If you do find errors of any kind, contact the credit card company right away to ask about them. You may also need to write a letter explaining the situation.
- If you lose your credit cards or they are stolen, call the credit card company immediately so they can put a hold on the card and you won’t be charged for any unauthorized charges.
- If there are any receipts, papers, or bills that have a credit card number written on them, be sure to shred them before disposing of them.
- Do not give your credit card number to someone over the phone unless you know the person and company are honest.
- As soon as new credit cards arrive in the mail, sign them.
- Before throwing out expired or canceled cards, cut them up.
- Don’t keep all credit cards with you. Leave some at home in a secure place.
- Do comparison shopping when getting a new card by comparing terms, interest rates, and more.
USAFIS: An immigration service for those wanting to move to the U.S. to live, work, and study. Contact them today for more information on moving to America!