Information on Moving to the United States

It’s exciting to move to the United States knowing that you will have the opportunity for you and your family to enjoy a better life. The information offered here is to help you learn about different options for the type of life and work you may have in the U.S. Here are some of the different types of visas offered to those wanting to immigrate to the United States. USAFIS works with foreign immigrants all over the world to help them get their visa to move to the United States to study, work, and live.

Student Visa

If you have a U.S. student visa, you aren’t usually permitted to have a job. However, you can begin looking for a job so that you might have a place to work once you graduate. You are much more likely to be hired by an employer in the United States while you are in the country than if you try to get a job in the U.S. when living in your home country.

Family Sponsored Immigration

According to USAFIS, to qualify for a visa by sponsorship through a family member, you must have a close relative who is already a U.S. citizen or has a Green Card. Priority is given to husbands and wives of United States citizens, parents of U.S. citizens, and children who are less than 21 years of age (including step children).

These groups of people can qualify for Green Cards very quickly, as they are given precedence. Other family members, such as children who are 21 years of age and older, husbands and wives of permanent residents, and brothers and sisters of U.S. Green Card holders can also qualify for Green Cards that are sponsored by their family. These family members are put on a waiting list for their Green Cards and may have to wait up to ten years to get their cards.

Green Card Lottery

There are 50,000 Green Card Lottery winners in the U.S. each year. The requirements are very basic and include qualifying work experience or a high school education and being a native of an eligible country. The experts at USAFIS are available to help provide information to help you with your Green Card Lottery application.

Employment Based Immigration

According to USAFIS, “If you get a qualifying job offer from an American employer, it’s usually easy to get a Green Card.” There are different types of employment visas; however, the H1B visa is very popular. It’s always easier to get a job in the U.S. while you’re living here, than if you are living in your home country.