As the U.S. economy continues to expand, a significant gain in available jobs emphasizes the growing demand for workers. However, there is a limited pool of skilled workers in America, making it next to impossible to fill some U.S. job openings.
USAFIS is an independently-owned immigration service that helps foreign nationals with the immigration process to get moved to the United States.
Figures released in July 2017 show many Americans decided to join the workforce as companies added to their payrolls. With unemployment at its lowest levels in 16 years, some economists believe companies will curtail the current pace of adding employees.
Fewer people are leaving their jobs, according to the JOLTS report, a measure that gauges a worker’s desire to leave their current job because they believe they will find a better, higher paying job. The report indicates it may take some time for wage growth to accelerate, something that has eluded the U.S. economy for some time.
The rate at which people quit their jobs, known as the quit rate, is still close to its post-recession high. Janet Yellen, the Chair of the Federal Reserve, monitors this rate closely. If you are interested in working in America, contact USAFIS today to find if you are eligible to apply.
Key Takeaways from the JOLTS Report:
- The number of available jobs rose by 461,000 to nearly 6.2 million, the most in two years.
- There are record openings for jobs in social assistance and healthcare. Business and professional services also saw gains.
- The quit rate fell from 2.2% to 2.1%.
- The economy added 2.3 million new positions in the past 12 months with 61.1 million separations and 63.4 million additions.
- The JOLT report (Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey) measures payroll numbers by reviewing such dynamics as help wanted ads, the pace of hiring, and resignations.
USAFIS has helped thousands of foreign nationals move to the United States to make a new life, find new work opportunities, study, and raise their families. Contact them today for more information!